What Does Our Change Readiness Assessment Check?
The Change Gym provides comprehensive change readiness assessments for organisational change. We check 3 key areas of an organisation’s change readiness. These are the:
- Stakeholder engagement in the change initiative – whether they are ‘on board’. This is a key metric. We have developed an online change readiness assessment based on the research of Armenakis, who has spent over 40 years studying organisational change readiness.
- Readiness of your change management team and processes. We have developed an online assessment tool based on the work of key change management researchers like John Kotter.
- Change fitness of your management team and other stakeholders. Change fitness refers to their capacity to succeed at the change process. We have developed an online change fitness assessment tool based on our in-house research conducted at the doctoral level and beyond.
How We Are Different
Most other change readiness assessments only measure ‘buy-in’ and/or managerial processes and ignore the fact that it comes down to people who will make the change succeed or fail. We also measure their change fitness because, in the end, all change is personal. So, if your stakeholders have low change fitness (i.e., they resist change, prefer the status quo, and are closed to new approaches), your organisation is not ready for change.
What Will You Get From a Change Readiness Assessment?
You will get:
- knowledge of what change readiness is and why it matters
- understanding of your team’s strengths and weaknesses around change
- information to help you make better decisions and develop better change plans
- recommendations of what you can do to improve your change readiness
- on-going support and help if you want it
Having the right information and making better decisions lowers your risks associated with change. It will make the management process easier and help you avoid problems that are difficult to solve, create stress and resistance, and add to your costs. Getting it right at the start is always easier in the long run.
The assessment process is carried out online. We would need:
- an initial consultation with the change sponsor or change management team to outline the process and establish the scope of the assessment
- access to selected stakeholders so they can complete one or more online surveys
- an hour Zoom meeting with the sponsor or change management team to report findings and make recommendations for improvement
How Much Does An Assessment Cost?
The basic package costs $4995 AUD. This includes surveying up to 100 stakeholders (for each of the assessments 1 and 3 above) and up to 25 members of the change management team (item 2 above).